Date: 16th February 2017 at 12:50pm
Written by:

Arsenal’s humiliating Champions League defeat at Bayern Munich – not for the first time – on Wednesday has put further question marks against the future of Arsene Wenger as Gunners boss.

The BBC is reporting a contract offer was made to Wenger earlier in the season and it ‘remains on the table’ in spite of the 5-1 thrashing in Germany.

A near certain Champions League exit is going to be confirmed in a couple of weeks time and with the Premier League basically out of sight we’re left with only the FA Cup to win again – that chance could be over by this time next week!

Ian Wright has previously claimed Wenger had suggested to him that he will leave at the end of his contract. But that decision is one the boss claimed he hasn’t made. The Beeb is saying the decision on this new deal – or him leaving – will be ‘mutual between the club and the Frenchman’ at the end of the season.

The last of Wenger’s 15 trophies – the Premier League hasn’t been won since 2003-04 – came in 2015 when back-to-back FA Cup victories were secured. These are the only two trophies he’s secured for Arsenal since 2005.

Change isn’t going to assure things will change but former Arsenal keeper Bob Wilson has told BBC 5 live Breakfast Wenger might have decided ‘enough is enough.

Wilson said.

‘He’s a hugely intelligent man, and he is hurt, he is totally dedicated. He might look at it and say ‘enough is enough’ because think as a human being you can only take so much.’

Bloggers
Join The Vital Debate